UL’s Carugate laboratory in Italy is ISO/IEC 17025:2017 accredited through the International Accreditation Service (IAS), a Signatory of the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation Mutual Recognition Arrangement (ILAC MRA). The laboratory’s code is Calibration Laboratory 163 (CL-163), and its accreditation covers the calibration of instruments used in laboratories for electrical safety, electromagnetic compatibility, performance and automotive tests.
Among our services, we also offer accredited calibration and metrological confirmations for customers who want laboratory equipment that complies with ISO/IEC 17025 requirements and product standards. These are fundamental steps to ensure that our laboratories can perform accurate, repeatable and reproducible measurements.
The metrological confirmation is the set of operations that confirms the compliance of a measuring instrument with the requirements applicable to its intended use. These requirements are sometimes defined by standards or, in their absence, according to international requirements (IECEE OD-5014).
To meet more of your needs:
- We can conduct most calibration activities in your laboratories, reducing downtime and avoiding delicate or heavy equipment transportation.
- We can calibrate almost all the instruments usually used in any safety and/or EMC laboratories.
- We can support you in managing external calibration service providers to cover all types of instruments.
- We have developed customized accredited calibration methods for specific and unique instruments.
The main equipment types we calibrate include:
- Electrical meters (multimeters, wattmeters, harmonic and Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) analyzer, power quality IEC 61000-4-7, current clamps, TA and TV, shunt)
- Temperature meters (dataloggers, thermocouples, PT100, PT1000, climatic control units)
- Leakage current meters (according to IEC 60990 and IEC 60601)
- Climatic chambers (temperature, humidity, air speed, light intensity, laminar flow)
- Test probes, test fingers, test throat, tape measure, gauges, micrometers
- Inclinometers (bubble, inclined plane)
- Physical/mechanical tools (impact hammer, dynamometers, flow meters, manometers, torque meters, angular velocity)
- Specific regulatory tests (glow wire, tracking, ball pressure, high voltage generators, insulation resistance, earth resistance)
- Harmonic and flicker meters
- Generators for immunity tests (Electro Static Discharge (ESD), burst, surge, ring wave, injected current, magnetic field, harmonics, power failures and voltage and frequency variations)
- Radio frequency equipment (LISN, ISN, CDN, cables, attenuators, electromagnetic clamps, directional couplers, insertion loss, VSWR, amplifier gains)
- Immunity instrumentation for the automotive sector
In addition, we offer training and courses covering:
- Instrumentation management
- Measurement uncertainty
- Metrological confirmation
- Calibration and verification procedures